The City of Stevens Point allocated approximately 30 acres for the use of a fenced leashless dog park and the Point Dog Park committee raised over $40,000 for fencing, gates, and other materials. The Point Dog Park will remain free for all users.
The dog park is at 601 Mason Street. See Map
The dog park is open 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
To ensure a healthy, safe, and fun visit …
- Your dog must be licensed and vaccinated according to your veterinarian's recommendations, including the City's required Rabies vaccination.
- Pick up and dispose of your dog’s waste in the receptacles provided. Waste bags are provided for your convenience.
- Dogs must be accompanied by a person 14 years of age or older.
- Please supervise children closely.
- Keep your dog within your view and control at all times. Mischief can happen quickly.
- If your dog becomes unruly and plays too rough, please leash it and leave immediately.
- Inappropriate or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated and may be subject to fines. Report incidents to the Stevens Point Police Department (715) 346-1500.
- Report a bite or scratch to the County Health Officer or a physician within 12 hours.
- Leash your dog outside the designated fenced area.
- Close and latch all gates behind you.
- Dogs in heat, sick (vomiting, diarrhea, cough), with fleas, or under four months old should be left at home.
- Don’t smoke or eat in Point Dog Park. Cigarette butts and food wrappers are tempting to dogs, but bad for them.
Be advised that the use of Point Dog Park is at your own risk, including but not limited to the risk of being bitten, scratched, knocked down, tripping, etc.
Dog owners and handlers are personally and legally responsible for your animals. You are using Point Dog Park at your own risk and are personally and legally liable. By informing users of the risks involved in using Point Dog Park, the City of Stevens Point and State of Wisconsin assumes no liability per state statute 895.52 Recreational Activities; Limitation of Property Owners Liability.
Dog Park Contact
717 Franklin St.
Stevens Point, WI 5448
Ph: (715) 341-1136
Outdoor Recreation Plan Listening Session
The public is invited to an Outdoor Recreation Plan listening session Wed., June 7 in Rooms 1&2 of the County Annex, 1462 Strongs Ave., 6 pm - 8 pm. Information gathered will help produce the City’s next 5-year plan for the Parks, Rec, & Forestry Dept.
Sculpture Park Summer Celebration June 10
The 2017 Summer Celebration at the Stevens Point Sculpture Park is Saturday, June 10. Four new sculptures will be installed & cast iron sculptures will be created during an Iron Pour. The Summer Celebration will begin at 11:00 a.m.