Crime Victim Compensation
Who is eligible?
- An innocent victim who suffers injury from a crime.
- A dependent or legal representative of an innocent victim who has been killed as a result of a crime.
- A person who is injured while aiding a crime victim or helping a police officer.
- A person who suffers a reaction from the death of a family or household member.
- Persons who are injured in an automobile accident caused by a drunk driver.
- Persons who report the crime to law enforcement within five days in most cases.
- Persons who did not cause or contribute to the crime.
- Persons who cooperated with law enforcement.
What Compensation may be paid?
- Injury or death benefit up to $40,000.
- Medical, hospital, surgical, pharmacy, and mental health expenses.
- Lost wages.
- Loss of support to dependents of victims.
- Reasonable replacement cost of clothing or bedding held as evidence.
- Reasonable replacement value for property held as evidence or made unusable by lab testing.
- Reasonable costs for securing and cleaning a scene up to $1,000.
- Cost of homemaker services.
- Funeral services up to $2,000.
Stevens Point Police Seek Donations for K-9 Officer
The Stevens Point Police Dept.'s new K-9 Program (except personnel) is paid for through the generosity of individual citizens, groups, and local business owners. We need your donations to help pay for the dog's training, vet bills, food, and equipment.