Facts & Statistics
Facts & Statistics Links
Location and Climate
- Stevens Point is centrally located in the state on the Wisconsin River encompassing the intersection of Interstate 39 and State Highway 10 in Portage County.
- We are approximately 110 miles north of Madison, 250 miles northwest of Chicago, and 215 miles east of Minneapolis.
- See a map of Stevens Point.
- Our average high temperature is 82 and the average low is 23.
- See a Stevens Point weather forecast.
Size and Population
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 15.96 mi². The city is adjacent to smaller municipalities including the villages of Park Ridge, Plover, and Whiting, and the towns of Hull and Plover.
- The estimated population of Stevens Point is 26,717.
- Major employers in the city include Associated Bank, Canadian National Railway, City of Stevens Point, Community Care of Central Wisconsin, Delta Dental of Wisconsin, Donaldson Company, Herrschners, Joerns Healthcare, Lands’ End, Midstate Independent Living, Ministry Medical, the Noel Group, Portage County, Roundy’s Corporation, Saint Michael’s Hospital, Sentry Insurance, Skyward, Stevens Point Brewery, Stevens Point School District, Travel Guard, Trig’s Food and Drug Store, United Parcel Service, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, Verso Corporation, Whiting Paper, and Worzalla Publishing.
- A number of companies have corporate headquarters in the city, including Delta Dental of Wisconsin, Noel Group, Sentry Insurance, and Travel Guard. Associated Bank and Donaldson Company operate regional headquarters in Stevens Point.
Visitors & Activities