Where to Place Your Refuse / Recycling Cart
Where Can You Place Your Carts for Pickup?
If you need additional help determining where to place your carts
- Watch our 3-Minute Video about Where to Place your Carts
- Carts may be placed in the apron of your driveway.
- Carts may be placed next to your driveway in the gutter area where it is not a travel lane (this is recommended in areas with heavy parking).
- Carts may be placed anywhere along the area between the sidewalk and the curb.
- Carts may be placed partially on the sidewalk where the sidewalk is adjacent to the curb, or where there is a narrow parkway as long as there is at least 3-feet of sidewalk clear for passage (accessibility standard).
- Where there is no curb and gutter, carts may be placed anywhere behind the pavement edge, in the shoulder area.
- Carts may be placed behind the sidewalk, no more than 8 feet from the face of the curb, in No Parking Zones.
- Carts MUST be at least 4-feet from obstacles, including other carts.
- Carts MAY NOT be placed on top of snow piles.
- The area between the cart and the street MUST be clear of obstacles.
- See diagrams showing cart placement options.
, please call the Streets Department at (715) 346-1537.
July 4 (Week of July 2-7) Garbage & Recycling Schedule
We will collect Tuesday's garbage route & recycling route #2 on Monday, July 2. We'll collect Wednesday's garbage route & recycling route #4 on Tuesday, July 3. There will be no collection on Wednesday, July 4. There are no other changes to the schedule.
Curbside Compost Collection Program
Rising Sand Organics will pick up 5 gallon buckets of food waste that households & businesses leave at the curb. They'll swap full buckets for a clean, empty ones. The buckets have screw-top lids that seal in odors & allow for easy handling & cleaning.