Web Site Purpose
The City of Stevens Point’s Web site replicates, in an electronic manner, many of the services offered by city Staff and Officials. The city’s Web site informs its staff and the general public about city and non-city orientated programs, services, activities and events that support the city’s and Web site’s policies and purposes.
Web Site Hyperlink Purpose
The City of Stevens Point links to Web sites to support the purposes and policies of the city’s Web site, departments and divisions.
- The City of Stevens Point does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy, or completeness of the information, text graphics, hyperlinks and other items contained on this sever or any other server. Such materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice from the City of Stevens Point.
- Communications made through this site’s e-mail and messaging systems shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Stevens Point or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claims or cause of action against the city or any of its agencies, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the city is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules, or regulations.
The City of Stevens Point’s Web site contains hyperlinks to other sites. The city is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites or cumulative sites linked therein. Displayed hyperlinks may not be totally inclusive and may change without prior notice.
The City of Stevens Point does not solicit hyperlinks to other sites. Through its agents, the city may include hyperlinks to any site that, in the city’s determination, meets and/or provides resources which cultivate the goals and purpose as stated in the city Web site purpose and policy statements of stevenspoint.com. Hyperlinks are also subject to the following criteria:
1. A governmental resources hyperlink will only be considered if it is to an official government (e.g., federal, state, or local) site. A city agent seeking a hyperlink must substantiate that the site is an official government site, to the city’s satisfaction, through email or equivalent communications with the official Web site manager.
2. Official government-funded agencies, boards or entities will be considered for a hyperlink. The city agent seeking a hyperlink must substantiate that the site is an official government site, to the city’s satisfaction, through email communications or equivalent communications with the official Web site manager.
3. If the sought hyperlink is to a type of site other than in (1) - (2) above, the link must satisfy one of the following criteria to be considered:
a). If the hyperlink is to provide users of the city’s Web site with a vendor’s and/or city Web site’s technology reasonably necessary to use stevenspoint.com, the hyperlink must be to the official site of the entity(ies) providing the technology;
b). If the hyperlink is to promote public awareness of an event within the City of Stevens Point and the event is free to the general public, the hyperlink must be to the official site of the entity(ies) promoting the event;
c). If the hyperlink is to be from a stevenspoint.com page promoting public awareness of an event co-sponsored by the City of Stevens Point, and the purpose of the hyperlink is to acknowledge the other co-sponsor(s), the hyperlink must be to the official site of the co-sponsor(s);
d). If the hyperlink is to be on a stevenspoint.com page from a site maintained or created by a non-city entity under contract or partnership with the City of Stevens Point, the hyperlink must be to the official site of that entity.
4. Hyperlinks will not be considered if the exhibition of the content within the browser would also exhibit one or more of the following categories of content:
a). content which a reasonable Stevens Point City resident would find graphically depicts or describes violence, or nudity and/or sexual activities in a way designed to evoke prurient interest;
b). facilitates or incites crime; or
c). a hyperlink that directly links to other content that when perceived within a browser is in violation of (a) or (b) above;
d). threaded discussion groups, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and other largely unedited content created by individuals who are not owners, operators, or agents of this site;
e). which supports candidates for office, political parties, referenda, and items pending before legislative bodies;
f). sites containing information that violates any of the city’s affirmative action or equal opportunity policies.
5. The city’s Web site manager shall determine the location of hyperlinks on stevenspoint.com and this authority shall extend to all pages within the site.
Hyperlink Review Procedure
A proper hyperlink, as defined in the hyperlink policy and purpose section of this site, that is submitted to the manager of the site will be reviewed in light of the site’s adopted criteria. A notification will be sent, if necessary, to the link sponsor when a decision is made in the affirmative. The city’s Web site manager and/or city staff will make the final determination on hyperlinks to the city’s Web site. Hyperlink inclusions that are denied can be appealed by filing a written request for review with the Office of the City Clerk within thirty (30) days of the decision. The Mayor shall decide appeals within thirty (30) days of receipt of the written appeal.
City Web site Miscellaneous Items
- Clarifications and suggestions of the site’s content should be directed to the city’s Web site manager.
- Sites that are linked to stevenspoint.com are subject to periodic review to confirm that the hyperlink meets hyperlink policy and purpose criteria.