Proof of Residency
For purposes of voter registration, acceptable forms of proof of residence must include:
1. A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and
2. A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.
Forms of proof of residence with an expiration date must be valid on Election Day.
The following constitute Acceptable Proof-of-Residence if the document contains the information specified above:
Proof of residence does not include any piece of mail addressed to the voter.
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license.
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day (not for first-time voters registering by mail).
- A university, college, or technical institute fee card (must include photo).
- A university, college, or technical institute identification card (must include photo).
- A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
- A Bank statement.
- A Paycheck.
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.