Become a Tutor
Volunteer at The Homework Center™
If you enjoy working with youth and are looking for a unique tutoring opportunity The Homework Center™ is for you! An on-site library, educational materials, worksheets, games make it easy to work with the students once their homework is complete. You will enjoy the personal interaction and independence offered through this experience.
Why Tutors Choose The Homework Center™
- Join an award-winning volunteer program! The Homework Center has received local and national recognition for it's work with low-income students. See a list of our Awards.
- Meet your class requirements! K-12 youth, low-income, minority populations, learning disabled, English Second Language, Education 205 credit.
- We have Hours to fit your busy schedule! Evening hours each semester: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. 2 hours, one night a week can help you reach 24 hours required for most classes.
- Build your skills and resume! You will work independent of supervision, tailoring your work to the students' needs. Advance to Center Coordinator and show your leadership/management skills to prospective employers.
- Have one of the most rewarding volunteer experiences of your life! Look at what some of our past tutors have had to say:
"This experience has given me a realistic feeling of what it will be like to be a teacher in my own classroom."
"I'll be back next semester even though I don't need to do this for class."
"There were no minorities where I grew up. I've learned so much."
"I hate to leave. I will really miss the kids."
"The kids are so neat!"
How to Get Involved
For more information on how you can help contact Mary Kampschoer, Resident Services Coordinator, at (715) 341-3444 Ext. 6.
||The Stevens Point Housing Authority does not discriminate against anyone based upon race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, handicap, age, sexual orientation, lawful source of income, families with children, or marital status of the person maintaining the household.