The Assessor’s Office is responsible for the valuation of all real and personal property in the City of Stevens Point as required by Chapter 70 of the Wisconsin State Statutes. It is our mission to ensure fair and equitable assessments and build public confidence in the property assessment process.
To accomplish our mission, the Assessor’s Office uses methods in accordance with the Wisconsin Property Assessment Manual, Wisconsin State Statutes Chapter 70, and professionally accepted appraisal practices.
The assessment staff is available to assist with information related to property ownership and sales, assessments, legal descriptions, land and building information, property characteristics, and limited historical data.
The assessment roll is completed each year, reflecting a property’s status as of January 1st of the year in which the roll is being prepared. For example, the 2020 assessment roll reflects a property’s status as of January 1, 2020. This assessment information will be used in calculating the tax bill you receive in December of 2020.
The most recently completed assessment information and property data can be found by visiting assessordata.org
Open Book and Board of Review
- The Board of Review was last completed June 2, 2022.
- Open Book provides a designated date and time for property owners to discuss their assessment with the Assessor.
- The Board of Review process operates like a court where you may appeal your assessment if you discussed it with the Assessor and do not agree with the determination.
Questions or Concerns
If you would like to discuss your assessed value or have questions regarding a property, please contact the Assessor’s office at (715)346-1553 Ext. 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you would like to request a review for a parcel that you own in the City, please complete the Request for Review Form (PDF). The completed form can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Assessor’s office. The request does not guarantee that a value will be changed.
Resources and Forms
Property Data can be found at AssessorData.org
Request for Review
- PA-115A Objection Form for Real Property Assessment (PDF)
- PA-115B Objection Form for Personal Property Assessment (PDF)