COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019)
City Actions to Minimize Risk of Exposure and Slow Spread of COVID-19
- All non-essential City travel has been suspended until further notice.
- All non-essential City meetings have been postponed until further notice. Essential meetings will be held online. Details will be presented with each agenda.
- Masks are required to be worn in all City buildings and offices that are open to the public.
- Public interaction with City offices will be limited until further notice, as outlined below:
- Due to health and safety precautions, assessing site inspections are performed on a case-by-case basis. Staff retains the ability to adjust these inspections as deemed appropriate by the Director of Community Development or his designee.
- Questions about assessments can still be fielded at 715-346-1553.
- Visit the Assessor’s Page for More Information.
- The Inspection Department is operating normally at this time.
- Visit the Building Inspection Page for More Information.
- The office building is open to the public.
- City fixed routes and City Paratransit are currently maintaining normal operations.
- Cleaning protocols have been enhanced to ensure all frequently-touched surfaces on vehicles and in our facility are disinfected daily.
- Rural routes will only provide home delivered meals - all other rural services are suspended.
- The Volunteer Driver program is operating as normal.
City Fixed Route Bus Service Changes
- Passengers must wear a mask and should maintain a distance of 6 feet from the driver and fellow passengers if possible.
- Please limit your use of the City bus to essential trips only, such as medical, employment and nutritional purposes.
- Visit the Central Transportation Page for More Information.
- The City Clerk’s office is now open to the public during regular office hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m Monday - Friday.
- Apply for Licenses Online Downloaded, print, and mail the forms and fees to the Clerk’s Office (Bartenders, Direct Sellers, Food Peddler, etc.) or apply in person.
- Voter Registrations and Absentee Ballot requests can be requested at https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us.
- Visit the City Clerk Page for More Information.
City Planning/Zoning Administration/Economic Development
- The Planning/Zoning/Economic Development Department is operating normally at this time.
- Visit the City Planning Page for More Information.
- The service counter window for the City Treasurer’s office is open during regular business hours of 7:30 am - 4 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Payments can still be deposited in the drop-box on the office door. Exact change is required for cash payments.
- Payments can also still be made either through the mail or online.
- stevenspoint.com/payments also allows you to schedule bulk item pick-ups and pay for a variety of items, such as dog/cat licenses, taxes, operator licenses, liquor licenses, invoices, permits, etc.
- Treasury staff are still available to answer questions over the phone at 715-346-1573.
- Visit the Comptroller/Treasurer Page for More Information.
- Access to the two fire stations by the public and City personnel is limited to only essential workforce.
- The Department has suspended all Public Education Events and Public Blood Pressure Screenings.
- If you are in need of non-emergent items, please call ahead and we will assist you by appointment.
- The Department is responding to all Non-Emergent and Emergent calls.
- If you have any questions please call us at Fire Headquarters (715) 344-1833.
- Visit the Fire Department Page for More Information
- The Municipal Court office is now open and taking payments at the window, but defendants are encouraged to pay online or via mail to keep contact to a minimum.
- Payments may be made online, by US Mail or at the payment drop box at the Municipal Court Office.
- Pay your Fines and Court Costs Online Here.
- Initial appearances are held via Zoom Video Conferencing until further notice. See the Zoom instructions to join your scheduled initial appearance.
- Visit the Municipal Court Page for More Information.
- The Neighborhood Improvement Department is operating normally at this time.
- Visit the Neighborhood Improvement Page for More Information.
Parks, Recreation and Forestry
- All City parks are open! We recommend visitors observe socially distancing of at least 6’, wear a cloth face covering when in public, wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not possible, sneeze and cough into your elbow, and do not touch your face. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Forms for reservations, registrations, parties, and special events are available online and can be mailed in, emailed in, or dropped off.
- Contact numbers for each division are:
- Rec Center Office: 715-346-1531
- KB Willett Arena: 715-346-1578
- Riverfront Art Center: 715-343-6251
- Email email@example.com
- Visit the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Page for More Information.
- The office is open. Please call 715 346-1594 to schedule an appointment.
- Apply for Jobs online
- Employees can access benefit information online.
- Visit the Personnel Department Page for More Information.
- The service counter window is open 7:30 am - 4:00 pm with masks and social distancing required.
- If you need to pay a parking ticket, you can pay the ticket online or place the ticket with payment in the payment drop box in the foyer of the Police Department at entrance #1, or pay at the records counter during business hours.
- If you need to speak to an officer and you come to the Police Department, you can still use the intercom system located in the foyer to speak to dispatch.
- Fingerprinting is unavailable until further notice.
- Prescription drugs (no needles) can be dropped off during business hours.
- Visit the Police Department Page for More Information.
Public Works - Engineering
- The Engineering Department office is open 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
If you can, please call 715-346-1561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment before stopping in. Thank you!
- If you are in need of a permit to work in the Right of Way, please download the application and submit it for approval via mail or email.
- Visit the Engineering Department Page for More Information.
Public Works - Streets
- The office is currently open by appointment only.
- Office hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Please call 715-346-1537 to make an appointment.
- Visit the Streets Department Page for More Information.
Water and Wastewater
- The office is closed to the public until further notice.
- On-site appointments will be made with the understanding that the property owner and our employee will keep proper social distancing and wear masks in accordance with suggestions from the CDC.
- You may contact the office by phone: 715-345-5260.
- Payments can be made through our website stevenspoint.com/water, by calling our office, or using our night depository located at 300 Bliss Ave.
- All water utilities for unpaid residential customers that would otherwise be subject to disconnection are currently under a “Disconnection Moratorium” in Wisconsin, effective until October 1. Get More Info on the Moratorium (PDF)
- Stevens Point Municipal water is safe to drink and there should be no concern in consuming or using your tap water.
Visit the Water and Wastewater Page for More Information.