Bulk Item Pick-up or Drop-off
"Bulk items" are any single item that is too large to fit in your garbage cart with the lid shut. There are some exclusions (see below).
Cost per Item
Bulk Items cost $15 each to dispose of, whether you have them picked up or you haul them yourself.
- Bulk Item pick-up is available to all residents whose properties are located within the city limits of Stevens Point.
- To have bulk items collected at curbside, you must pay and arrange for pick-up of the item.
- If you pay online by Midnight Sunday, pick-up will be scheduled for the following Monday.
- If we are closed on Monday, pick-up will be on Tuesday.
- Bulk items cannot be placed on the curb/street until 6:00 pm the night before the pick-up, or they may be placed on the curb/street the morning of pick-up prior to 7:00 am.
- Place your bulk item in the same area as your City garbage cart, making sure you do not block the sidewalk. If you do not have a City garbage cart or live in an area that has a dumpster, the item must be placed at the curb/street.
- You can pay for pick-up at the Comptroller/Treasurer’s Office, or
Pay for Bulk Item Pickup Online Opens a New Window. .
Pink Slip/Courtesy Notice
If your item was tagged with a pink slip/courtesy notice for being a code violation, you need to remove the item from the location it was tagged within 24 hours, even if you purchase and schedule a pick-up. If you received such a notice and do not remove the item within 24 hours, the item will be picked up by a contractor and you will receive an invoice for the contractor’s time and service. Contact the Neighborhood Improvement Coordinator with any questions.
More Information about Scheduled Pick-Up
1515 Strongs Avenue,
Stevens Point, WI 54481
7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Mon. - Fri.
Bulk Items Self-Hauled to the Drop-off
- Bulk items may also be taken (self-hauled) to the Stevens Point drop-off facility during regular hours.
- You will pay the attendant $15 for each item dropped off.
- The Drop-off Facility is located one block north of the entrance to Bukolt Park, in front of the City Garage at 100 Sixth Avenue, Stevens Point, WI 54481.
- Get More Information about the Drop-Off Facility
Bulk Item Exclusions
Visit our Garbage/Recycling Information page for more information, or Call Portage County Solid Waste (715) 343-6297 for proper disposal procedures and associated costs.
The following items can NOT be dropped off or picked up:
- Demolition material
- Electronic waste
- Hazardous waste
- Household garbage (bagged)
- Organs (the Musical Instruments)
- Wet paint
- Yard waste