Bulk Item Pick-up or Drop-off
"Bulk items" are any single item that is too large to fit in your garbage cart with the lid shut. There are some exclusions (see below).
Cost per Item
Bulk Items cost $10 each to dispose of, whether you have them picked up or you haul them yourself.
- To have bulk items collected at curbside, you must pay and arrange for pick-up of the item.
- If you pay by in person by 4:00 pm on Friday (or by Midnight Sunday if you pay online Opens a New Window. ), pick-up will be scheduled for the following Monday.
- When we are closed on Monday, pick-up will be on Tuesday.
- Bulk items cannot be placed on the curb/street until 6:00 pm the night before the pick-up, or
- Bulk Items may be placed on the curb/street the morning of pick-up prior to 7:00 am.
- Place your bulk item in the same area as your garbage cart, making sure you do not block the sidewalk.
- If you have a dumpster, you must place the item at the curb/street.
- You can pay for pick-up at the Comptroller/Treasurer's Office, or
- Pay for Bulk Item Pickup Online Opens a New Window. .
More Information about Scheduled Pick-Up
1515 Strongs Avenue,
Stevens Point, WI 54481
7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Mon. - Fri.
Bulk Items Self-Hauled to the Drop-off
- Bulk items may also be taken (self-hauled) to the Stevens Point drop-off facility during regular hours.
- You will pay the attendant $10 for each item dropped off.
- The Drop-off Facility is located one block north of the entrance to Bukolt Park, in front of the City Garage at 100 Sixth Avenue, Stevens Point, WI 54481.
- Get More Information about the Drop-Off Facility
Bulk Item Exclusions
The following items can NOT be dropped off or picked up:
- Demolition material
- Electronic waste
- Hazardous waste
- Household garbage (bagged)
- Wet paint
- Yard waste