- Public Works
- Bulk Items
Bulk Item Pick-up or Drop-off
"Bulk items" are any single item that is too large to fit in your garbage cart with the lid shut. There are some exclusions (see below).
Bulk Item pick-up is available to all residents whose properties are located within the city limits of Stevens Point.
- To have bulk items collected at curbside, you must pay and arrange for pick-up of the item.
- If you pay online by Midnight Sunday, pick-up will be scheduled for the following Monday.
- If we are closed on Monday, pick-up will be on Tuesday.
- Bulk items cannot be placed on the curb/street until 6:00 pm the night before the pick-up, or they may be placed on the curb/street the morning of pick-up prior to 7:00 am.
- Place your bulk item in the same area as your City garbage cart, making sure you do not block the sidewalk. If you do not have a City garbage cart or live in an area that has a dumpster, the item must be placed at the curb/street.
- You can pay for pick-up at the Comptroller/Treasurer’s Office, or Pay Online.
Cost per Item
Bulk Items cost $15 each to dispose of, whether you have them picked up or you haul them yourself.
Pay for Bulk Item Pick-up Online
- Additional Fees apply.
- Select Payment Type – Bulk Item
- Enter your pickup address
- Select your item from the drop-down menu
- Use the Comment area to describe your item
- Use the “Add more items” to add additional items.
- Visit our Point & Pay Website to Pay Online
Pink Slip/Courtesy Notice
If your item was tagged with a pink slip/courtesy notice for being a code violation, you need to remove the item from the location it was tagged within 24 hours, even if you purchase and schedule a pick-up. If you received such a notice and do not remove the item within 24 hours, the item will be picked up by a contractor and you will receive an invoice for the contractor’s time and service. Contact the Neighborhood Improvement Coordinator with any questions.
For More Information about Scheduled Pick-Up
1515 Strongs Avenue,
Stevens Point, WI 54481
7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Mon. - Fri.
Bulk Items Self-Hauled to the Drop-off
- Bulk items may also be taken (self-hauled) to the Stevens Point drop-off facility during regular hours.
- You will pay the attendant $15 for each item dropped off.
- The Drop-off Facility is located one block north of the entrance to Bukolt Park, in front of the City Garage at 100 Sixth Avenue, Stevens Point, WI 54481.
- Get More Information about the Drop-Off Facility
Bulk Item Exclusions
Visit our Garbage/Recycling Information page for more information, or Call Portage County Solid Waste (715) 343-6297 for proper disposal procedures and associated costs.
The following items can NOT be dropped off or picked up:
- Demolition material
- Electronic waste
- Hazardous waste
- Household garbage (bagged)
- Organs (the Musical Instruments)
- Wet paint
- Yard waste