Parks, Recreation & Forestry
The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department improves quality of life by preserving the City’s natural beauty and providing activities & facilities for the residents and visitors of Stevens Point.
Parks Dept. Resources
- Parks, Recreation, & Forestry Department Rates and Fees (PDF)
- Special Event Permit Application (PDF)
- 2022 Parks Department Special Event Application Rules & Guidelines (PDF)
- 2022 Room Tax Grant Guidelines (PDF)
- 2022 Room Tax Grant Applicationens in New Window
- 2018-2022 Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (PDF)
- History of our Parks
- Street Tree Inventory Map
- Living Trees & Celebration Bench Memorials
To receive notices via email and/or text message whenever news stories about Parks, Recreation, and Forestry are posted here, go to our Notify Me Module Opens in New Window and sign up for the "Parks & Rec" News Flashes.
On Thursday, July 7 at 6:00 pm, the Stevens Point Parks, Rec. & Forestry Dept. will hold an in-person community input meeting at the Rec Center, 2442 Sims Ave., to discuss and get feedback on the City’s parks, park facilities, open spaces, and trails. Read More
The Parks, Recreation & Forestry Dept. is happy to announce the lineup of Community Free Swim sessions for the 2022 season. Thanks to generous support from area businesses & the City of Stevens Point, there will be 8 free swim sessions this summer. Read More
The Stevens Point Parks, Recreation, & Forestry Dept. invites you to share your input on the City’s parks & recreation amenities to help update our Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (CORP). The survey will remain open through July 15. Read More