The City of Stevens Point allocated approximately 30 acres for the use of a fenced leashless dog park and the Point Dog Park committee raised over $40,000 for fencing, gates, and other materials. The Point Dog Park will remain free for all users.
The dog park is at 601 Mason Street. See Map
The dog park is open 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
To ensure a healthy, safe, and fun visit …
- Your dog must be licensed and vaccinated according to your veterinarian's recommendations, including the City's required Rabies vaccination.
- Pick up and dispose of your dog's waste in the receptacles provided. Waste bags are provided for your convenience.
- Dogs must be accompanied by a person 14 years of age or older.
- Please supervise children closely.
- Keep your dog within your view and control at all times. Mischief can happen quickly.
- If your dog becomes unruly and plays too rough, please leash it and leave immediately.
- Inappropriate or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated and may be subject to fines. Report incidents to the Stevens Point Police Department (715) 346-1500.
- Report a bite or scratch to the County Health Officer or a physician within 12 hours.
- Leash your dog when outside the designated fenced area.
- Close and latch all gates behind you.
- Dogs in heat, sick (vomiting, diarrhea, cough), with fleas, or under four months old should be left at home.
- Don't smoke or eat in Point Dog Park. Cigarette butts and food wrappers are tempting to dogs, but bad for them.
Be advised that the use of Point Dog Park is at your own risk, including but not limited to the risk of being bitten, scratched, knocked down, tripping, etc.
Dog owners and handlers are personally and legally responsible for your animals. You are using Point Dog Park at your own risk and are personally and legally liable. By informing users of the risks involved in using Point Dog Park, the City of Stevens Point and State of Wisconsin assumes no liability per state statute 895.52 Recreational Activities; Limitation of Property Owners Liability.
Dog Park Contact
717 Franklin Street
Stevens Point, WI 5448
Email Mike Wiza
General Inquiries or Maintenance Requests
Parks, Recreation & Forestry Dept.
2442 Sims Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Email the Parks Dept.
On Thursday, July 7 at 6:00 pm, the Stevens Point Parks, Rec. & Forestry Dept. will hold an in-person community input meeting at the Rec Center, 2442 Sims Ave., to discuss and get feedback on the City’s parks, park facilities, open spaces, and trails. Read More
The Parks, Recreation & Forestry Dept. is happy to announce the lineup of Community Free Swim sessions for the 2022 season. Thanks to generous support from area businesses & the City of Stevens Point, there will be 8 free swim sessions this summer. Read More
The Stevens Point Parks, Recreation, & Forestry Dept. invites you to share your input on the City’s parks & recreation amenities to help update our Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (CORP). The survey will remain open through July 15. Read More