Facts & Statistics
Facts & Statistics Links
- City Awards & Recognitions
- City Statistics (PDF)a New Window.
- pens a New Window. Community Profile at Zoompreospector Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
Location and Climate
- Stevens Point is centrally located in the state on the Wisconsin River encompassing the intersection of Interstate 39 and State Highway 10 in Portage County Opens a New Window. .
- We are approximately 110 miles north of Madison, 250 miles northwest of Chicago, and 215 miles east of Minneapolis.
- See a map of Stevens Point Opens a New Window. .
- Our average high temperature is 82 and the average low is 23.
- See a Stevens Point weather forecast Opens a New Window. .
Size and Population
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 15.96 mi². The city is adjacent to smaller municipalities including the villages of Park Ridge, Plover, and Whiting, and the towns of Hull and Plover.
- The estimated population (2019) of Stevens Point is 25,880.
- Major employers in Stevens Point include Associated Bank, Canadian National Railway, City of Stevens Point, Community Care of Central Wisconsin, Delta Dental of Wisconsin, Donaldson Company, Herrschners, Lands' End, Ascension St. Michael's Hospital, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, Portage County, Roundy's Corporation, Sentry Insurance, Skyward, Stevens Point Brewery, Stevens Point School District, AIG, Trig's, United Parcel Service, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, Pixelle Specialty Solutions, Whiting Paper, Worzalla Publishing, Ki Mobility, Gamber-Johnson, Aspirus Stevens Point Hospital, and Marshfield Clinic Stevens Point.
- A number of companies have corporate headquarters in the city, including Delta Dental of Wisconsin, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, Sentry Insurance, Skyward, Gamber-Johnson and AIG. Associated Bank and Donaldson Company operate regional headquarters in Stevens Point.
- Stevens Point has extensive educational opportunities, and is home to a University of Wisconsin Opens a New Window. campus and a Mid-State Technical College Opens a New Window. campus.
- The Stevens Point Area Public School District Opens a New Window. includes ten elementary schools, two junior high schools, and one high school, known as SPASH Opens a New Window. .
- Stevens Point also has a number of parochial schools and private schools.
- Stevens Point is home to Ascension Saint Michael's Hospital Opens a New Window. , Aspirus Stevens Point Clinic Opens a New Window. , Marshfield Clinic Stevens Point Center Opens a New Window. , and several other medical clinics.
Visitors & Activities
- The Portage County Business Council Opens a New Window. serves as Stevens Point's Chamber of Commerce.
- The Association of Downtown Businesses Opens a New Window. is an independent group of business owners that promotes the historic and economic redevelopment of downtown area and also offers information about available establishments and activities to visitors.
- Visit the Stevens Point Area Convention and Visitors Bureau Opens a New Window. for a list of other activities, businesses, churches, hotels/motels/lodging, restaurants, a calendar of events, and a brief history of Stevens Point.
- You can also find a Calendar of Special Events Opens a New Window. here and on our Community Television channel.
- There are four newspapers in Stevens Point.
- Stevens Point has two movie theaters Opens a New Window. .