Pool and Waterslide Rules
Please obey the Lifeguards and Attendant Personnel at all times, report injuries immediately, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask the Lifeguards or Head Lifeguards. Thank you for your cooperation!
- There are no refunds for public swimming sessions.
- All patrons (swimming/non-swimming) entering the pool/waterslide facility must pay the session admission fee prices.
- No Food, Candy, Gum, Beverages or cooler carry-ins during public swimming sessions.
- Swimming aids, flotation devices, toys, etc. are not allowed during the public swimming sessions (They are allowed in the wading pool area and on designated evening swim sessions.)
- No running, rough play, or abusive language in the swimming pool complex.
- Shower before entering the swimming pool/waterslide area and after each use of restroom facilities.
- Do not enter the swimming pool/waterslide complex if you have a communicable disease or any open cuts.
- No diving around the entire edge/perimeter of the swimming pool. Use diving boards only.
- Glass & Shatterable items are prohibited in the pool area.
- Swim Diapers required for non-toilet trained children.
- Diaper changing on the deck is prohibited.
- No Drugs, Tobacco, or Alcohol products of any kind allowed in the entire swimming pool/waterslide complex.
- Children 7 yrs. of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 yrs. of age or older.
- Do not bring animals to/into the swimming pool/waterslide complex.
- Towels, lawnchairs, books, and aqua socks are allowed in the pool area.
- No cut-offs are allowed on the waterslide ride.
- No watches, jewelry, necklaces, earrings, toys, etc. allowed in or on the pool or waterslide.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or other mind-altering substances will be denied entrance/use to the swimming facility. Police will be summoned immediately.
The Pool and Waterslide will be closed if:
- There is a threat of violent weather, lightning is sighted, rain, or cold.
- If the outdoor temperature is 65 degrees or less.
- There is a mechanical breakdown at the pool.
- The chemistry of the water is not acceptable by Health Dept. standards.
The City of Stevens Point is committed to conducting its recreation programs and activities in the safest manner possible and holds the safety of participants in the highest possible regard. Participants and parents registering their child in recreation programs must recognize however, that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in recreation activities. The City of Stevens Point continually strives to reduce such risks and insists that all participants follow safety rules and instructions which have been designed to protect the participant's safety.
Please recognize that the City of Stevens Point does not carry medical accident insurance for injuries sustained in its programs. The cost of such would make program fees prohibitive. Therefore, each person registering themselves or a family member for a recreation program/activity should review their own health insurance policy for coverage. It must be noted that the absence of health insurance coverage does not make the City of Stevens Point automatically responsible for the payment of medical expenses.
City of Stevens Point A.D.A. Statement
The City of Stevens Point will comply with the American With Disabilities Act (ADA), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability. The City of Stevens Point will make reasonable accommodations in recreation programs to enable participation by an individual with a disability who meets essential eligibility requirements for that recreation program. The ADA requires that recreation programs offered by the City of Stevens Point be available in the most integrated setting appropriate for each individual.
If you have any questions about the City of Stevens Point policy regarding the ADA, or believe you have been unfairly discriminated against by the City of Stevens Point, please call the City of Stevens Point at 715-346-1531. A procedure is available to you for the resolution of your complaint against the City of Stevens Point.