Proof of Residency
For purposes of voter registration, acceptable forms of proof of residence must include:
1. A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and
2. A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.
Forms of proof of residence with an expiration date must be valid on Election Day.
The following constitute Acceptable Proof-of-Residence if the document contains the information specified above:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license.
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day (not for first-time voters registering by mail).
- A university, college, or technical institute fee card (must include photo).
- A university, college, or technical institute identification card (must include photo).
- A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
- A Bank statement.
- A Paycheck.
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
Proof of residence does not include any piece of mail addressed to the voter.
Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot - Regular and Permanent Overseas Voters- If you are a regular or a Permanent Overseas Voter, your absentee ballot request must be received by your municipal clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 2, 2020. Registered Voters Request Absentee Ballot Here
In response to the Department of Health Services restriction of public access to nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and the University of Stevens Point campus, three polling locations have been moved for the April 7, 2020 Spring election. Read More