The Neighborhood Improvement Division is responsible for the enforcement of both local ordinances and state statutes pertaining to the maintenance and upkeep of all structures and properties within the City.
- Results of 2017 Property Maintenance Survey (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Frequently Asked Questions about home/rental property occupancy.
- FAQ Brochure (PDF) Opens a New Window. for printing.
- Grass & Weeds and Snow & Ice information.
- Property Maintenance Complaints Opens a New Window. Visit our CityView Portal to report a violation, make a request, or file a Complaint about Property Maintenance Code Violations.
- Property Maintenance Violation Appeal Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Local Grants - The City, through the Redevelopment Authority, offers two new grant programs to assist those home owners and properties who are most in need.
- Neighbor Helping Neighbor Opens a New Window. is designed for low and moderate income residents to receive up to $1,000 in reimbursement funding for materials for property improvement projects. Please note, labor is not an eligible cost.
- Residential Structure Demolition Opens a New Window. , is a demolition program that will reimburse a property owner up to $15,000 who razes a dwelling and builds a new single family home within 12 months.
Portage Co. & the City of Stevens Point are exploring a tentative property exchange agreement to address current & future facility needs. A public input session will be held on March 28 at 7 pm at the Portage Co. Annex building in Conference Rooms 1 & 2. Read More
A Community Conversation took place on January 17, 2019 to discuss the future of Stevens Point’s downtown and Division Street corridor. The conversation gave attendees the opportunity to have an interactive discussion on these two areas. See the Individual & Group Responses (PDF)