Household Hazardous Waste Program
- March - November
- By Appointment Only. Call 715-346-1931
- Transfer Facility, 650 Moore Rd., Plover, WI 54467
(list is not inclusive)
- Degreasers, fuel line antifreeze, gasoline, fuels, carburetor cleaner, waxes.
Lawn & Garden
- Fertilizer, weed killer, insect & bug killer, mothballs, rodent poison, and pool chemicals
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Drain cleaners, metal cleaners, oven cleaners, furniture polish, toilet, tub & tile cleaners, and mercury thermostats & thermometers
Hobby & Home
- Adhesives & glues, floor wax & furniture stripper, oil & lead based paint, mineral spirits, paint thinner & remover, stain, varnish, lacquer, lighter fluid, turpentine, and wood preservative
- Full or partially full aerosol cans
- Dry it out at home and save money!
Fill a half empty can with a commercial paint hardener, OilDri, or cat litter. Mix. When paint is no longer liquid, toss it in the trash with the lid off.
The program is partially subsidized by a grant from the Department of Trade and Consumer Protection and the Portage County Solid Waste Department.
Participants pay is a small fee of $0.75 per pound for most items to cover the remaining cost of disposal.
Site Coordinator, Abby Lichtscheidl, recording weight of household hazardous waste.