In 2018, the City of Stevens Point acquired a section of abandoned CN railroad tracks that ran south from Bliss Ave. to where they intersected with the Green Circle Trail. The new trail will open in the spring of 2019, & the City asks you to help name it.
When recommending a name to the Parks Commission/City Council, please consider the following selection criteria:
- A location, such as the name of an adjacent street or the related plat or subdivision
- A geologic, geographic, historical, botanical, horticultural or scientific feature inherent to the area
- To honor a person, group(s), organization(s)
- To show gratitude to an individual
- Places, features, historic events, or national/local heroes
Proposals for a trail name, with thorough documentation giving the reasons for the selection of the proposed name, should be submitted in writing to the Parks Commission at 2442 Sims Ave., Stevens Point, WI 54481 by March 1, 2019.