The City of Stevens Point is seeking candidates for an open seat on the Stevens Point Housing Authority Board of Commissioners.
STEVENS POINT HOUSING AUTHORITY
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS DESCRIPTION
Date: November 2020
Title: Stevens Point Housing Authority Board of Commissioners
Description: The City of Stevens Point is seeking candidates for an open seat on the Stevens Point Housing Authority Board of Commissioners. The following are the duties and qualifications of a Commissioner.
- Review financial transactions, contracts, and administrative procedures practiced by the Housing Authority and should work to assure that such activities are instituted and conducted to the highest possible standards.
- Provide leadership to the Executive Director who oversees the daily administration of the Housing Authority and ensure the Housing authority follows all applicable federal, state, and local laws and housing regulations.
- In cooperation with the Executive Director, develop and create policies for effective financial management and ensure good internal controls are in place to prevent fraud, mismanagement, and discrimination.
- Review and approve budgets, financial statements, bills, resolutions, policies, reports, and 5-year plan and annual plan.
- Receive information as to the status of current programs or upcoming issues that are important to the Housing Authority.
- Providing input on long and short-term goals with the use of the 5-year plan and annual plan along with direction from the Executive Director.
- Have an interest and/or professional background in affordable/public housing and/or in housing finance and accounting.
- Exhibit leadership capabilities.
- Experience in conducting a board meeting via Roberts Rules and knowledge of the Wisconsin Open Meetings Law (WI. Stat. 19.81-19.98)
How to Apply:
- For further information about the Stevens Point Housing Authority Board of Commissioners, or how to place your name in consideration for an appointment to the Commission, please visit https://stevenspoint.com/82/Boards-Commissions or contact the Mayor’ office at 715-346-1570.