The City of Stevens Point has passed changes to the overnight parking regulations which go into effect April 24 and will be in effect for the entire year, every day of the week, throughout the entire city - except for the Downtown Business District.
Alternate Side Parking
Alternate side parking on any city street is in effect 2:30 AM - 6:00 AM.
- On odd-numbered days, vehicles shall only park, stop, or be left standing on the side of the street having odd-numbered addresses.
- On even-numbered days, vehicles shall only park, stop, or be left standing on the side of the street having even-numbered addresses.
All overnight parking requirements shall apply to the corresponding calendar date as of 2:30 AM. Example: If it is 9:00 pm on April 21, and you want to park on the street, you would park on the side with the addresses that are even-numbered as April 22 is the day of the parking regulations of 2:30 AM to 6:00 AM.
The alternate side parking regulations do not replace more restrictive parking regulations, such as “No Parking” zones, restrictions for parking near a fire hydrant, etc.
Downtown Business District
In the Downtown Business District (see map, below) no person shall park any vehicle between the hours of 2:30 AM and 6:00 am on any street or parking lot, with the following exemptions:
- Overnight parking is allowed by permit in Lot #7, Lot #12, and Lot #16
- Permits are $3.00 per night
- Permits can be purchased by entering your license plate number into the kiosk located in Lot #12 and Lot #16
- You can also use the Smartphone App called Passport. You would use Zone #1504 for the overnight permit.
- Overnight parking on any roadway is limited to vehicles that have a current registration and are operable.
- Recreational vehicles (RVs) are restricted from overnight parking on any city street unless granted prior authorization from the Chief of Police or designee (Administrative Lieutenant 715-341-4103)
- Trailers of any type shall not be parked overnight on any city street unless:
- The trailer is attached to a motor vehicle
- Owner has been granted prior authorization from the Chief of Police or designee (Administrative Lieutenant 715-341-4103)
Map of Downtown Business District