Facts & Statistics
Facts & Statistics Links
Location and Climate
- Stevens Point is centrally located in the state on the Wisconsin River encompassing the intersection of Interstate 39 and State Highway 10 in Portage County.
- We are approximately 110 miles north of Madison, 250 miles northwest of Chicago, and 215 miles east of Minneapolis.
- See a map of Stevens Point.
- Our average high temperature is 82 and the average low is 23.
- See a Stevens Point weather forecast.
Size and Population
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 15.96 mi². The city is adjacent to smaller municipalities including the villages of Park Ridge, Plover, and Whiting, and the towns of Hull and Plover.
- The estimated population of Stevens Point is 26,717.
- Major employers in Stevens Point include Associated Bank, Canadian National Railway, City of Stevens Point, Community Care of Central Wisconsin, Delta Dental of Wisconsin, Donaldson Company, Herrschners, Lands’ End, Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, Portage County, Roundy’s Corporation, Sentry Insurance, Skyward, Stevens Point Brewery, Stevens Point School District, AIG, Trig’s, United Parcel Service, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, Verso Corporation, Whiting Paper, Worzalla Publishing, Ki Mobility, Copps Food Center, Aspirus Stevens Point Hospital, and Marshfield Clinic Stevens Point.
- A number of companies have corporate headquarters in the city, including Delta Dental of Wisconsin, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection, Sentry Insurance, and AIG. Associated Bank and Donaldson Company operate regional headquarters in Stevens Point.
Visitors & Activities